In a nutshell, when you are cold you start to crave carby things. Carbs help you produce fat that keeps you warm. But just because you want it doesn’t mean you should have it! I’m sure most of us have plenty enough fat to keep us warm!
Put on a sweater and bake something that is yummy but not full of carbs. Here is a recipe I got from my friend at the Low Carb Connection. I’ve changed the low carb flour for almond and coconut flour. Use one or the other but NOT BOTH!
Cranberry Walnut Pie
1 cup low carb flour (OR 1 cup almond flour & ¼ cup coconut flour)
1 cup xylitol
2 cups cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 inch pie pan or spray with Pam.
- Combine the flour and xylitol in a large bowl. Then stir in the cranberries and walnuts. Toss to coat.
- Melt the butter, but don’t get it hot or it will cook the eggs. Beat the eggs in a large glass. Add almond extract and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Make sure everything is completely combined.
- Add to pie pan. You really have to push it down with your fingers, and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
Bake at 325 for about 35 minutes. Let it slightly brown on top.
Remember you are in control of what you put in your mouth. Take control of your cravings. Have a big glass of water before you eat something. We don’t drink enough water anyway, and it’ll help you to feel full. Then enjoy just one small piece of the cranberry walnut pie or my yummy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies!
You have to be serious and take control of what you put in your mouth! But YOU CAN DO THIS!
Stay warm and press on! Have a great day!